NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giftgrub

Quote from: Matt Cartmill on January 27, 2018, 09:30:19 PM
Found a video on you tube it's not from marine projects but it's the two top sections for wb yeats leaving the port of gdansk https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjuQekC4qQ

Great video, thanks for posting link, weird watching funnel section heading off.

bissiere

i have a friend docker on the port of cherbourg and to be able to accommodate wb yeats it is necessary to build a new linkspan because too wide

Matt Cartmill

No worries gift grub took me a while to find a vessel called taklift 4 is due at Flensburg on the 30th of January to lift the top sections on wb Yeats. I would love to see the Ulysses on the Pembroke to rosslare route it will never happen rosslare wouldn't be able to accommodate anyway but we can dream

IFPete

marinetraffic shows the Heavy Lift Crane Taklift 4 is on the way from Cran Canaria to Flensburg and with arrival date 30.01.2018. Most properly for the lifting job to fix the three sections, Bridge Part middle Part and aft part to the hull

Chef

Another heavy lift crane has arrived , Matadoor 3

Matt Cartmill

Maybe giving taklift 4 a hand it doesn't look like a middle section is there just just front and back for the top sections

Davy Jones

Looks like the new build is receiving her superstructure this morning. Taklift 4 and Matador 3 both in attendance.

Steven

Quote from: Davy Jones on February 05, 2018, 11:32:03 AM
Looks like the new build is receiving her superstructure this morning. Taklift 4 and Matador 3 both in attendance.
She is.  Was supposed to start on Saturday I believe.  3 day job to lift the sections in place, then of course they need to do the necessary welding and making good of the various connections
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Steven

Front and mid sections have been lifted on.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Rear Section of superstructure now lifted in place.

Matt Cartmill

RorieLen

That's a closed group and it looks like you have to be a member to view posts.