NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giftgrub

Quote from: ferryfan on December 13, 2017, 10:57:04 AM
Due to hit the water on 19th Jan 2018

That makes sense, thanks for the updates.

With the bow doors fitted looks like a ferry now, the bow profile does not look as extreme as the first images would have suggested. Much better for the heavy seas it will encounter crossing to France.

Steven

They are proving those of us who said they wouldn't take too long knocking her together very correct!  Just shows what an efficient and professional operation they are.  Of course, we haven't yet seen the finished article.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

If you look at the previous launch on You tube you will notice the building hall is built on a slipway.

This means the front of the vessel sits much higher than the rear giving the impression the building is not high enough,

My guess is they will go as high as the bridge deck before launch and complete the upper two decks on the quayside.

Regarding the number of vehicle decks it looks like there is a deck below the main vehicle deck for drops or trailers.

Last week we could see the construction of an inner ramp going to the upper car deck which is next for construction.

They certainly work quickly considering the keel was layed on 12 September only 3 months ago.

I hope we get to see lots of photos of the launch.

Davy Jones

Incidentally, has anybody heard how the new Stena builds are progressing?

Chef

Plus they have added a Christmas tree on the bow for a seasonal touch .

IFPete

Nice one, i mist that.

Steven

Quote from: Davy Jones on December 16, 2017, 01:14:17 AM
Incidentally, has anybody heard how the new Stena builds are progressing?
Bit off topic but the first one is under construction.  The RoRo which was under construction for one of the Visentini family was launched last week.  They same yard is also due to launch a RoPax for a Chinese operator early in the new year as well.  I'll be keeping the page in the new build section on NIferry.co.uk up to date as I hear more of course, but given the length of the build time information isn't exactly flowing out thick and fast!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Great updates, thank you to everyone who has provided info, really interesting to watch on webcam.

I presume this is the largest passenger vessel the yard has ever built ? Always associated FSG with freight vessels and the smaller ferries, Cal Macs Loch Seaforth etc

Great to see it being built in Europe as well, as I mentioned before they could do very well if this comes in on time and is successful, there are so many ferries going to be required in Europe fairly soon for P&O, Stena, DFDS etc

Matt Cartmill

It looks like Irish ferries have ordered another cruise ferry ready by 2020

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-42546415

giftgrub

Going to be very interesting to see how FSG manage with finishing this and the new BF Honfleur and then the newly announced IF build, I hope they have managed to secure the production processes to take account of the complexity these three vessels will bring as they require a different finish than the big freight vessels they have been producing up to now.

Looking forward to seeing the WB Yeats hit the water in a few weeks.

IFPete

They are putting together the forward section of the upper bow deck and upper vehicle deck door,

My guess is they will launch when this is complete and hopefully they will complete the upper car deck,however
this is going to be tight before the 19th January.

Davy Jones

Painting almost complete, the name is on the side, and the dais is going up!

Anybody know what time the champagne (or in this case, probably a bottle of Guiness) is due to fly?

ferryfan

ferryfan

alfie79

Think its time to paint Oscar Wilde in the white liverly and green funnel now