NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy Jones

Still wondering if the build on the Flensberger webcam is the new Irish Ferries vessel. Looks a little small to me -however she is far from finished yet.

Is there any way of knowing?

Chef

Yes it does look like another RoRo , i would think the new IF build would be wider , anyway let's keep guessing were all the sections lying around are going to go on this one .

Niall

Yes it looks like EKOL's 2nd RoRo Fadiq which is being built. The outer hull sections seem to be painted blue.

Meet the dockers

As expected by many posters on this forum, IF is to name the new ship with an Irish literary name. Full details available at www.bigshipbigname.com, including a possible prize of free transport with IF for life...what better prize for forum members here!

Davy Jones

Looks like the current build may be hitting the water this week. They are doing final painting and the dais has been set up.

Niall

FADIQ was launched this morning and has just now been moved to the outfitting quay at FSG.

Chef

Quote from: Meet the dockers on September 04, 2017, 09:32:34 AM
As expected by many posters on this forum, IF is to name the new ship with an Irish literary name. Full details available at www.bigshipbigname.com, including a possible prize of free transport with IF for life...what better prize for forum members here!
Well the Naval Service have taken the remaining name choices , Irish Ferries may have ship named the  MV Roddy Doyle in service .

Davy Jones

I entered my suggestion of "Pygmalion" - George Bernard Shaw's famous play.

ferryfan

Stage is set for the keel laying ceremony.

Niall

Keel was laid this morning following the usual ceremony at FSG.

Matt Cartmill

Looks like another RO RO vessel to me looked like this when they started the last one

Niall

Matt Cartmill

Thanks for the update guys 🙂