NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEA

Yes it's a small amount of speculation on my behalf. I did hear that work has already begun on the modules and the keel is to be laid in March . Apologies for being overspeculative

NathanBrady

why is everyone always apologising in here?

Chef

As is the superstructure for the new IF build .

Niall

Keel laid for sister ship to Gardenia Seaways for DFDS this morning. The new ship is yard no 773 and will be launched in May.

Chef

Looks like some prefabricated sections arrived by barge this morning. The dock gate is removed and the sections are being taken to the back of the building hall just out of the camera view .

Niall

What was delivered was the stern ramp for DFDS new build 773.

Steven

FSG have a good reputation for delivering on-time, so I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of visible progress.  Heres the other (outside) webcam http://31.209.185.102/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=114000

Quote from: Niall on February 20, 2017, 03:28:41 PM
Keel laid for sister ship to Gardenia Seaways for DFDS this morning. The new ship is yard no 773 and will be launched in May.
A while to go yet before the ICG keel is laid, or parts of the superstructure start arriving then!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Davy Jones

It's beginning to look like something now!

I find it somewhat embarrasing that, despite our shipbulding history, that we can't do something like this on home soil, at least not economically.

Chef

Up and up it goes , it's like playing with a big Mechano  set

ferryfan

In case anyone is confused it is not the IF newbuild that you see on the FSG webcam.
Last Friday the 7th April the senior management of ICG were at the FSG yard to witness the first steel being cut for the new ship yard no.771.

Chef

Quote from: Chef on April 04, 2017, 08:09:48 PM
Up and up it goes , it's like playing with a big Mechano  set
I should have clarified that .

Steven

For those that haven't heard, the first steel was cut over the weekend with Eamonn Rothwell in attendance.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Chef

Article in today's financial section of the Irish Independent in relation to the new build and it stated that the ship will operate Dublin to Holyhead midweek and Dublin to Cherbourg  on the weekends .

RorieLen

Quote from: Chef on April 20, 2017, 04:52:02 PM
Article in today's financial section of the Irish Independent in relation to the new build and it stated that the ship will operate Dublin to Holyhead midweek and Dublin to Cherbourg  on the weekends .

To be fair, this is what Irish Ferries have said all along!

FerryMan

Ferry Master