2016 dry docking irish sea programme

Started by market knowledge, July 30, 2016, 06:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: Steven on January 14, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Stena Europe is due to leave Harland and Wolff tomorrow as the first Irish Sea vessel in the revised Stena Line livery, complete with green waves.  Stena Horizon is currently timetabled to take up the Belfast to Birkenhead service on Wednesday evening, following Stena Nordica taking up the 21:30 ex Rosslare to Cherbourg on Tuesday in Horizon's place.

Forgot to add, Stena Europe returns on the Fishguard service with the 21:15 ex Rosslare on Monday.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Will be great to see Europe back in Rosslare, images of the refit (partial images on the Facebook)look very good and for the first time in awhile, all seems to have gone according to plan. Great to see the window frames have been done on decks 7&8.

20knots

The green waves look good in my view.

It's nearly 03.00 Mon 16th Jan 2016 and Stena Europe has got underway from Belfast in the last few minutes. ETA at the Europort is 13.00hrs.

Steven

Stena Horizon is now making her way North to Belfast.  It looks as though she will debut on the Birkenhead service on Wednesday evening, replacing Stena Lagan.

Stena Europe is set to return to service tomorrow (Tuesday) morning with the 09:00 with Nordica sailing for France tomorrow night.  Having seen some pictures of Europe in her revised livery (complete with strap line which you can't see in Scotts pic linked above), I must say she looks better than I expected.  Unsure of the green waves forward though!

ferryfan

Ulysses back in Holyhead to take up the 14:10 to Dublin this afternoon. IOI will be docking disembarking at Holyhead and returning without passengers to Dublin. She is scheduled to undergo a marine evacuation drill tomorrow.

Steven

Stena Horizon is now in service on the Belfast to Birkenhead link.  Stena Lagan is in dry dock.

giftgrub

Isle of Inishmore in drydock Falmouth

www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2603055

LiverpoolIrishLiam

Why has the Isle Of Inishmore gone to Falmouth? Why not Birkenhead like Ulysses and Dublin Swift?

conor

Hi,
Does anyone know when Jonathan Swift will be returning to service. She's been out of action since the 8th of January

giftgrub

Quote from: conor on January 24, 2017, 08:54:15 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know when Jonathan Swift will be returning to service. She's been out of action since the 8th of January

Due back Saturday according to booking system

ferryfan

Swift was originally due to go to dry dock on the 14th but she had some technical issues and was laid up at Cammell Laird for a few days before entering dry dock.
The reason for Inishmore going to Falmouth might be down to the availability of a dry dock.

Stena Adventurer has gone technical tonight and is not scheduled to leave Dublin until 00:30

Ulysses17

Any idea what the reason was for the Adventurer cancellation?

Also have to say the Ulysses looks a lot fresher since she came back from dry dock - the lick of paint did wonders - especially on the funnel.

IFPete

Falmouth tends to be able to handle bigger work-scopes than Camell Laird due to is back workshops.

I guess IOI needs a heavy work-scope this year with Engines or Deck plating.

This is one of the reasons why normally Oscar Wilde visits Falmouth except last year when she went to Belfast.

Steven

Quote from: Steven on January 09, 2017, 02:19:59 AM
Scott Mackey has some great images of Europe in dry dock that haven't made it to his Flickr at yet www.flickr.com/scottmackey but I have them here http://www.niferrysite.co.uk/stena-line-irish-sea-refits-2017/. Will also be posting updates there as I get them for those interested (and here when im on).
Updated the NI Ferry site page with the latest pics of Lagan in DD