IOMSPCO Manannan Crash 5 injured

Started by ferryfan, March 24, 2016, 11:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Manannan now expected to depart Douglas for Birkenhead on Monday 28th for dry docking at Cammel Laird in order to cayy out repairs. Estimated return to service is Wednesday 30th. No cover provided for sailings to from Ireland so disappointmentfor anyone who had Easter holiday arrangements for the Island.

Steven

Manannan is currently in dry dock after having to wait at the landing stage in Liverpool for 24 hours for a space to become free.  At present it doesn't look like she will be able to leave dry dock until Sunday at the earliest, apparently due to tides.

Passengers that had booked on Manannan from Belfast yesterday where transferred to a sailing operated by Ben-My-Chree which was scheduled to depart Belfast at 1am this morning instead of 10:45 yesterday morning.  At least they where offered a service I suppose  :-\
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Manannan back in service for IOMSPCO over the last few days.

They have shorted the damaged hull, looks a bit strange. Clearly visible on the images on this Flickr album.(Link Below)

Also just spotted that the anchors on the BenMyChree are held outside the hull, been looking at images of that ship for years and never noticed ! D'OH!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shipsofmann/albums/72157664481720753

ferryfan

I suspect the uneven hulls will be having an effect on handling and performance especially if its a bit choppy. There must be a plan to dock her again to carry out a full repair.

ferryfan

Manannan appears to be stick outside the harbour at Douglas for the past hour or so, she was due to berth at 21.55 but has been circling and sailing in and out of the outer harbour.

ferryfan

Manannan suffered a hydraulic failure while approaching the harbour last night and due to poor weather the Captain requested a tug to assist overnight repairs and she was back in service on time today.

ferryfan

Matt73

Quote from: ferryfan on May 22, 2016, 11:10:34 PM
Ben My Chree conducted berthing trials at Holyhead over the weekend full story:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/holyhead-isle-man-steam-packet-11366080

interesting stuff.  Which berth did she use?  Are the inner harbour (where St Columba used to dock) berths still in use, or is everything now in the outer harbour.

Matt (who hasn't been to Holyhead for too long)

ferryfan

Quote from: Matt73 on May 25, 2016, 05:14:29 PM
Quote from: ferryfan on May 22, 2016, 11:10:34 PM
Ben My Chree conducted berthing trials at Holyhead over the weekend full story:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/holyhead-isle-man-steam-packet-11366080

interesting stuff.  Which berth did she use?  Are the inner harbour (where St Columba used to dock) berths still in use, or is everything now in the outer harbour.

Matt (who hasn't been to Holyhead for too long)

She used the Stena berth.

RorieLen

I saw photos of her on what looked to the the berth used by Ulysses and Epsilon. I think that's Terminal 3?

ferryfan

Quote from: RorieLen on May 26, 2016, 07:19:47 AM
I saw photos of her on what looked to the the berth used by Ulysses and Epsilon. I think that's Terminal 3?
You are quite right I just seen the picture and it is indeed T3 here is the picture (c) Ronnie Roberts vessels-at-holyhead.blogspot.com

LiverpoolIrishLiam

Terrible decision by IOMSPC to use Holyhead as a berthing trial. I fear for the Liverpool-IOM services now

RorieLen

Quote from: LiverpoolIrishLiam on May 27, 2016, 02:40:40 AM
Terrible decision by IOMSPC to use Holyhead as a berthing trial. I fear for the Liverpool-IOM services now

Eh? Why? If you read the Daily Post article and other news about this, it says the trial is for a contingency in the event Birkenhead or Heysham are unavailable or inaccessible.

warpc0il

Manannan just went by Groomsport @ 31kn and there's a very obvious bow wave some way back on her port side.

Is she going to keep running with the temporary repair until the end of the season?