The Isle of Inishmore thread

Started by larry, September 08, 2013, 09:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry

Thought it might be an idea to have an IOI thread as the Innishfree got its own too, I'll start this one by asking if anyone knows why the Inishmore reversed into her berth in Rosslare tonight (08/09)

larry

Also this seems to happen from time to time its not really a one off so is it the same reason every time like maintenance or something ?

cosseric.coss

Larry, I emailed Rosslare freight (irish ferries) at the time of this and asked why she was docked like this? And they replied to me by saying that there was maintenance being done on the bow doors, therefore they couldn't be opened,

jonno

I see she's very late in to Pembs, she's passing us now at 0200.

FerryMan

QuoteLarry, I emailed Rosslare freight (irish ferries) at the time of this and asked why she was docked like this? And they replied to me by saying that there was maintenance being done on the bow doors, therefore they couldn't be opened,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! they better have it fixed before she comes to the big smoke.
Ferry Master

FerryMan

QuoteAlso this seems to happen from time to time its not really a one off so is it the same reason every time like maintenance or something ?
Big U dose it every 3 months to do a life boat launching test on the side that would normally be alongside the quay wall & for servicing of Marine Evacuation System (MES).
Ferry Master

cosseric.coss

Does anyone know what way the IOM docked at Ross. This eve cause she look to be dockedfunny according to marine traffic .com

larry

Nope she's here in here normal fashion, looking at her right outside my window as I type this, europe is also here, doors closed

Collision-course