Your favourite beer on a ferry

Started by NathanBrady, February 18, 2016, 11:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanBrady

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a long tradition of enjoying a pint (or 3) on any ferry trip - but what is your favourite beer to enjoy on a ferry.  For me it has to be Heineken - not too light and not to heavy.  Tend to stick to Guinness on dry land though!
Edit: just realised I posted in the wrong section - should have been in the off-topic bit

Steven

Quote from: NathanBrady on February 18, 2016, 11:31:26 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a long tradition of enjoying a pint (or 3) on any ferry trip - but what is your favourite beer to enjoy on a ferry.  For me it has to be Heineken - not too light and not to heavy.  Tend to stick to Guinness on dry land though!
Edit: just realised I posted in the wrong section - should have been in the off-topic bit
Definitely enjoy a nice pint on the ferry myself!  Not really fussed what it is so long as it isn't Budweiser and the person pouring it knows what they are doing!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

PaddyL

Far too much Stella on ferries!

The best used to be Kronenberg on Brittany Ferries.

Must admit I tend to do premium lounges and absolutely exploit the inclusive wine

Steven

Quote from: PaddyL on February 19, 2016, 10:29:10 AM
Far too much Stella on ferries!

The best used to be Kronenberg on Brittany Ferries.

Must admit I tend to do premium lounges and absolutely exploit the inclusive wine
I agree about the Stella - AmBev must have a few good deals with operators.  The Carlsberg onboard Norse Merchant was surprisingly good (for Carlsberg).  As was the price for a pitcher of the stuff :D !

ac_freeman

Travelling on IF for the first time week after next - Isle of Inishmore and then Oscar Wilde, looking forward to seeing the beer choices onboard...so far my favourite ferry beer is San Miguel on Brittany Ferries, bottled only but still excellent.

Chris2016

Does the any of the Stena Line ferries out of Dublin serve Budweiser on Tap , Its for my Da as I am a Heineken man thanks 

Steven

Quote from: Chris2016 on February 21, 2016, 08:00:43 PM
Does the any of the Stena Line ferries out of Dublin serve Budweiser on Tap , Its for my Da as I am a Heineken man thanks
I'll have a look when I'm on X tomorrow, before we send her back :).

NathanBrady

Quote from: Chris2016 on February 21, 2016, 08:00:43 PM
Used to be Guinness, Budweiser, Stella Artois 4 (which is even worse than normal Stella Artois) and I think Bass.  Might be different now.

RorieLen

When I travelled recently, it was Heineken, Fosters and Guinness. I think the cider was Strongbow. They must have changed brewery or something.

Steven

Quote from: RorieLen on February 22, 2016, 11:04:45 AM
When I travelled recently, it was Heineken, Fosters and Guinness. I think the cider was Strongbow. They must have changed brewery or something.
Yup, that's what it was yesterday as well.

PaddyL

Heineken and Fosters don't tend to be popular offerings in bars.

SEA

I Travel  on both Stena and Irish ferries. draft beers are
Stena
Heineken
Fosters
Guinness
Strongbow
various bottled beers

Irish Ferries
Heineken
Fosters
Coors
Guinness
Murphys
Murphys red
Magners

giftgrub

One vivid memory of getting a Grolsch on the Felicity to enjoy with a fresh pizza many many years ago (Rosslare - Fishguard for new readers - early 90's) always thought the bottle contained some amazing exotic beer, the experience did not match the theatre of opening the bottle, the ferry more than made up for it though.

Steven

Quote from: PaddyL on February 23, 2016, 03:30:25 PM

Heineken and Fosters don't tend to be popular offerings in bars.
Last time I was "down south" Heineken seemed to be everywhere!  Doesn't mean people buy it though I suppose :).  I am partial to the odd pint or three of Heineken myself

Ger Tigchelaar

Quote from: giftgrub on February 25, 2016, 12:09:40 AM
One vivid memory of getting a Grolsch on the Felicity to enjoy with a fresh pizza many many years ago (Rosslare - Fishguard for new readers - early 90's) always thought the bottle contained some amazing exotic beer, the experience did not match the theatre of opening the bottle, the ferry more than made up for it though.

Ah yes Grolsch and the Felicity happy memories :) Enjoyed on many a crossing while on the duty free run! Now a days a pint or three of Heinken goes down well!