St Killian II, Everything required

Started by larry, December 21, 2011, 06:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry

Hello all, yet again I am asking for help on here, last year I decided that I would start building a very large (1m or so) model of the Killian II when I got finished with my various other models and projects. In the new year I plan to get started on it so what I need is as many pictures as possible of both the the Killin I & II (Post jomboisation) and literally any other material you can muster up. I'd really appreciate this, even deck pics would be especially helpful. I hope to keep a build log on here if people want to keep track and hope to start within the next couple of months.

Many many thanks for all of your help on this as well as everything else
-Larry

inish16

if your looking for pictures of saint killian 2 i have good pics of her in dry dock if any help

larry

absolutely tommie, i have some pics of her in dry dock myself but theyre terrible quality, id very much appreciate them

inish16

i took them a few years ago,i can get them together over the christmas and send them on,unfortunately i lost the deck plans im going mad,but my memory of her is fairly good,i mite be able help if u have a question about killian

larry

im not sure if they have the deckplans on hhv either, i couldnt find them but oddly they have the st columb ones there, that would be great if you could round everything up, i love that ferry more than anything else so the more accurate i can get the model the happier ill be

inish16

ill get the photos sorted prob after christmas have to get them scanned,if u can put ur pics of models up on tis site love to see them.yea she was a great ship very small by comparsion to todays monster ferry,have u much info on her yet

larry

im killing myself to finding the model pics, i should have saved them from the site i found them on, ive not seen them in nearly a year, i genuinely thought they were on this website, if anyone on here can send me in the right direction id appreciate that, in the meantime ill keep searching, the models from the hotel rosslare are amongst the collection, and i think the most amazing looking one was the pre jomboisation st killian model, interesting to see it like that, i have lots of old info and pics from before her operation too, and several genuine postcards too. also theres a pic of her in the stena line livery onboard the stena europe

Collision-course

Abort the St. Killian II ? No larry dont do it , I know its only scrap bits of wood at this stage but think of its right to life  ;D

larry

spam gets so random these days doesnt it mate

Bigalsship

Ah the Saint Killian! What a ship?! Worked on her many moons ago.
Would love to see some model pics of her, when ready or in progress?
I remember the model of her in hotel Rosslare. Where is that now?

Collision-course

Could'nt resist this , The St Killian II leaving Ringaskiddy for France from www.shipspotting.com

FerryMan

Ferry Master

bfm003

Ferryman, were these pictures taken in Irish Ferries head office?

FerryMan

They were in 2005 by Tony Brennan former B+I/Irish Ferries worker.
Ferry Master

Collision-course

Looks like the model got the same stretch job the ship got LOL