Irish Shipping Top Trumps

Started by larry, June 15, 2013, 08:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry

Hello there, for folks who know me they would know I have in the past made (and still play) decks of top trumps, I'm currently starting off a top trumps of my favourite irish ferries, the following is the list I have so far, anybody care to add any that I may have forgotten about. Also I may be 32 but you never get too old for top trumps.

The list:
St Killian II
St Patrick II
St Colum
St Brendan / Normandica
Isle Of Innishfree (B&I ex stena)
Isle Of Innishfree Modern
Isle Of Innishmore
Normandy
Stena Europe
Stena Felicity
Oscar Wilde
Koningin Beatrix
Diplomat
Celtic Horizon
Munster
Leinster
Connacht
Innishfallen
Stena Voyager
Stena Discovery
Lynx I
Ulysses
Dublin Swift
St David
Cambridge Ferry
European Clearway
Sally Eurobridge
Stena Nordica
Superfast
Stena Adventurer
St Columba

CAPACITY
SPEED
LENGTH
POWER
BREADTH
LANE METRES

bfm003

I know I'm being picky here but it's not the Dublin Swift it's the Jonathan Swift.

larry

correct yeah, no idea why i called it that but yep you are correct

bfm003

Maybe because its got Dublin Swift in huge letters on either side of it. ;D ;D

lynx1

larry

cheers mate, never thought of the condor, as you can imagine with top trumps vessels like her will lose out on the passenger capacity but reign supreme on the speed

hayes.tony

larry

don't know much about her but was it early 00s or maybe late 90s

lynx1

larry

Here's what I have so far, some of the stats are disputable though as I have found conflicting spec for some vessels from different sources so if anyone can point out and correct anything please feel free, here they are anyway, 33 or so here, hoping to hit 40 so other suggestions welcome, preferably between 1970-2005

(Also please note, the pics are sourced from various places, virtually none of which were taken by me, these cards are for my own personal amusement and wont be reproduced)

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/bncrewceb/slideshow/Top%20Trumps%20Ships

Davy Jones

Quite a few (older) ones you may wish to consider, mainly Sealink vessels, each of which were assigned to one of the Irish routes for at least one season, if not more:

Holyhead Ferry 1
Dover
Caledonian Princess
Stena Cambria (St Anselm)
Avalon
Duke of Lancaster (one of my favorites, mainly 'cos I can still go see her).
Stena Challenger I
Stena Forwarder
(I assume passenger-only vessels, eg Hibernia, Cambria don't count).
Stenas Lagan and Mersey
There are also the P&O ferries to go at.

Collision-course

Dont forget the Cork based ships , Celtic Pride , Superferry , Julia , Armorique , Quiberon , Bretagne , Val De Loire , Pont Aven.

larry

i have a few of them and most of the cork gang too, 40 so far, prob add ten more and leave it at that, thanks for the suggestions lads

larry

slightly off topic but here are some random rare pics of the caledonian princess i encountered

Davy Jones

There are also the car ferries of the IOMSPCo, starting with the Manx Maid II in 1962 though to todays representitives, Ben-My-Chree and Mannanan. Lady of Mann II was probably the most popular.