Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

X

Trouble logging in? Click here

HSS bridge visit? (Read 5684 times)
HSS bridge visit? on: March 17, 2014, 09:13:36 am
Hi

Does anyone know the likelihood of a bridge visit on the HSS?

I'd be happy to do it on turnaround at the port as I just book those non landing tickets.

Cheers

Russ

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:44:39 pm
Hi Russ

Unfortunately I have just had it confirmed that Stena have recently stopped doing non-landers on ALL routes!  The only option now is to book a day return and leave the ship while it is in port.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:12:32 pm
They were not doing then in December but I got one on the HSS!

Irish Ferries insist on disembarkation though, but the craft has a longer turn around, slightly.

I'll have a go at booking a few and see what happens

Russ

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 06:39:18 am
Hi

I was playing on the Stena website yesterday and have booked three "day trips" in June for a fiver return. all out on the 1030 and back on the 1330.

The Friday fare remains £35 so I'll have a run on the  Jonathan Swift that day as they never have offers on etc.

Russ

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:08:29 pm
If this is the last year for Explorer, I will try to get a bridge visit before she goes ;)

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:13:37 am
There is an offer on at present for a £5 HSS cruise which is a non-lander.  Problem is its only available from those originating in Holyhead due to the fact there is only 1 round trip per day.  This is the only non-lander on the Stena route network from what I can see.  Could be your last chance to sample the HSS experience again before she goes for those on the UK mainland.  There is also an offer on for a combined HSS and Superferry day trip for those interested (also available for trips originating in Ireland)

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:45:28 am
This is the only non-lander on the Stena route network from what I can see.
There are some themed non-landers running on the Superfasts at the moment from Belfast - Kids' cruises, and Abba & Elvis 'revival' cruises.  Easter kids' cruise is almost a tradition for us, so glad to see they're still running!

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:28:40 pm
There is an offer on at present for a £5 HSS cruise which is a non-lander.  Problem is its only available from those originating in Holyhead due to the fact there is only 1 round trip per day.  This is the only non-lander on the Stena route network from what I can see.  Could be your last chance to sample the HSS experience again before she goes for those on the UK mainland.  There is also an offer on for a combined HSS and Superferry day trip for those interested (also available for trips originating in Ireland)

£5 is cheap as chips, that HSS cruise could turn into a booze cruise on the Irish Sea  ;)

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:29 pm
This is the only non-lander on the Stena route network from what I can see.
There are some themed non-landers running on the Superfasts at the moment from Belfast - Kids' cruises, and Abba & Elvis 'revival' cruises.  Easter kids' cruise is almost a tradition for us, so glad to see they're still running!
I should have been clearer, I mean normal non-landers.  Saw one of the abba cruises on youtube - glad I'm not crew!

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 07:48:10 am
Hi

I'm booked on the HSS in June if anyone wants to meet up etc. It's Monday and Tuesday, 9/10 and also a couple of days before all being well.

I'll also book some September dates if the offer remains.

Fast craft!

Russ

Re: HSS bridge visit? Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 10:50:30 pm
I am also planning a lot of trips this year, probably the last chance to travel on the worlds largest fastferry  8)