Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

X

Trouble logging in? Click here

Seafrance Manet to Belfast(Read 9285 times)
Seafrance Manet to Belfast on: July 08, 2009, 09:22:32 pm
It was announced today that SeaFrance Manet has been sold to Stena Lines for Belfast - Stranraer service (along side the Voyager and Caledonia). She is due to under go a major refit before entering service.

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:32:20 am
An interesting aquasition by Stena Line as they sold that ship to SeaFrance in the first place , below from www.shipspotting.com is a picture of the SeaFrance Manet during her time as the Stena Parisien.

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 07:58:15 pm
An interesting aquasition by Stena Line as they sold that ship to SeaFrance in the first place , below from www.shipspotting.com is a picture of the SeaFrance Manet during her time as the Stena Parisien.

Stena Line did not own the Stena Parisien she was chartered to Stena Line from SNCF.

I think it is a good move by Stena. The Manet is the largest ferry able to berth at Stranrear so untill Stena move up stream the Manet and Caledonia will provide the conventional service.

I would say the end is now near for Stena Voyager.

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:08:16 am
Stena Line did not own the Stena Parisien she was chartered to Stena Line from SNCF.

I think it is a good move by Stena. The Manet is the largest ferry able to berth at Stranrear so untill Stena move up stream the Manet and Caledonia will provide the conventional service.

I would say the end is now near for Stena Voyager.

She was chartered, and judging by what Stena did with the Caledonia recently in her refit she will be in excellent condition when she enters service. Anyone want to guess her new name?!?

As for Voyager, really does look like her days are numbered.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:08:59 am by admin »

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:03:07 pm
"Stena Antrim" maybe ;)

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:02:54 pm
Stena Ailsa would be nice!

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:51:42 am
stena are running a competition in their monthly route newsletter for the crew to come up with a name. a few suggestions ive heard so far are, stena crusader and stena odyssey.

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 02:59:47 pm
Rumour is that she will be christened Stena Navigator...

Re: Seafrance Manet to Belfast Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 06:12:44 pm
now in belfast. tied up along side the old stena terminal.