Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

X

Trouble logging in? Click here

Stena Europe- Voyage Report(Read 1627 times)
Stena Europe- Voyage Report on: August 05, 2021, 11:21:13 pm
Interesting report of a return trip on the Stena Europe posted here

https://www.forewardthinkinganauticalflavour.co.uk/post/stena-europe-xxx?fbclid=IwAR0Kjk1RFwqGQR--BDO7A8D1sJcNGfLRX6CuWWTe_IxJ1Mz5Qsu2vicKdAU

Useful companion is Scott Mackeys excellent photo album of the Stena Europe

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottmackey/albums/72157623466806142

Re: Stena Europe- Voyage Report Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:50:29 pm
Thats a great read. Thank you for sharing it. I haven't sailed on the Europe since 2010. Hopefully get back on her soon. She really is the last of the line.

Re: Stena Europe- Voyage Report Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 07:45:03 pm
Your Welcome, great ferry and has changed quite a lot since 2010, pretty much all passenger areas upgraded, booked to travel on it next month, first time in two years on a ferry and three since Europe (was on way back from Turkey last time went to Wales) had pleasure of Nordica but Europe is a far better passenger experience. Fingers Crossed we will still be allowed to travel !

Re: Stena Europe- Voyage Report Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 09:53:57 am
Went out on the Europe on the Monday before the lockdown in March 2020, I think it was the 9th. There were a good few chaps heading to Cheltenham. There was a rather uneasy feeling on the ship, nobody really knew about social distancing, infected surfaces etc. Did a couple of days walking on the coastal path and returned on the Wednesday. I recall sitting in the minibus that brought us from the ship to the harbour complex in Rosslare and thinking was it wise to be so close to other people? Well the world has turned and we have learned a lot since, ferries seem to manage social distancing pretty well and meanwhile Stena Europe goes on largely untroubled.

Thanks giftgrub for the link to the report. Brought back fond memories of travelling on the Normandy and having a few pints in that huge bar/ entertainment section, happy days.

Re: Stena Europe- Voyage Report Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 01:18:22 pm

The RailSail trains are specifically scheduled to arrive in line with the sailing times - and through tickets are available - so it's puzzling that they felt unable to use them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:22:33 pm by hhvferry »

Re: Stena Europe- Voyage Report Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 01:20:23 pm
Other than that the Europe does remain a really lovely ship. Hopefully they have stopped closing off the main lounge as the self service area is a rather depressing legacy of her 2002 refit.

Re: Stena Europe- Voyage Report Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 08:22:59 pm
As another comparison here is a trip back in time to 2007 featuring Europe and Normandy when they both sailed from Rosslare.

http://www.hhvferry.com/rosslare07_1.html

Thanks for posting on the forum Matt, it triggered my memory of the report from 2007 on your site.