Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

X

Trouble logging in? Click here

Visentini hull 226(Read 2584 times)
Visentini hull 226 on: April 28, 2014, 02:41:16 pm
According to Shippax the new build for Nordana will be named Wedellsborg and will begin her delivery voyage on June 2nd.  See the shippax facebook page for more.

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Re: Visentini hull 226 Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:05:06 pm
The new breed of Visentini should be interesting. I haven't checked out passenger numbers & lane meters. Should be interesting. I prefer no extra vehicle deck. There seems a bit of the 'van der Gieesen de Noord' design (Norbank, Norbay & Ben My Chree), and a hint of Cotentin (Stena Baltica).

It wouldn't surprise if future builds don't find their way into service with P&O Ferries, Stena or Stena RoRo. If the passenger cert is high enough, and if they have around 2500 lane meters, they would make good replacements (in time) for Norbank and Norbay.   

Re: Visentini hull 226 Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:25 am
The new breed of Visentini should be interesting. I haven't checked out passenger numbers & lane meters. Should be interesting. I prefer no extra vehicle deck. There seems a bit of the 'van der Gieesen de Noord' design (Norbank, Norbay & Ben My Chree), and a hint of Cotentin (Stena Baltica).

It wouldn't surprise if future builds don't find their way into service with P&O Ferries, Stena or Stena RoRo. If the passenger cert is high enough, and if they have around 2500 lane meters, they would make good replacements (in time) for Norbank and Norbay.

AFAIK this is a pure RoRo so no pax accommodation to speak of.  That of course does not mean that passenger accommodation could not be added to future iterations of course!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline