Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdnr777

About time that this happened. The amount of times that the Inishmore has been delayed, and hardly anything done to catch up on the schedule. Only way they would catch up would be by cancelling sailings.

ferryfan

Swift sailing not showing on booking engine now until 11th June. Epsilon disappears from bookings from 21st May on all routes. Is Epsilon heading for English Channel?

IFPete

Epsilon may be covering Dublin Cherbourg while WB Yeats goes to Drydock

giftgrub

Interesting video from Epsilon during recent storm on Thursday

Second post on this thread on BFE from Fine Whine

https://bfenthusiasts.com/bfe/topic/13840-stena-estrid-docking-in-bad-weather/?do=findComment&comment=234984

ferryfan

Dublin Swift on her way to Belfast eta 1400 this is the first time she as moved in over a year.

ferryfan

Dublin Swift's return has been pushed back again! Now not on schedule until 2nd week of August. I suspect she won't see any service this year and I wouldn't book to travel on her better to have not paid the extra fare than to try getting it back from IF.

IFPete

My guess bookings are flat due to travel uncertainty to Britian

SEA

Update on Dublin Swift, Definately coming back , first Sailing 6th August .

Fast Ferry Fan

I'll believe it when I see it.

It's been in the booking engine, for about 2 weeks ahead for the last 15 months, and they keep taking it off.

She's also untested after engine problems from 2 years ago, when it took 3 hours to make each crossing.

We're hoping to make a return crossing after 6 August, but the only way I'd book it is if there was no premium for doing so.

IFPete

Swift had two engines fully rebuilt in March to May 2020

Shes fully operational when the demand comes back.

SEA

Dublin Swift due in Dublin Sunday 1.8.21.She is due to take up the run Friday 6.8.21. This of course may change

ferryfan

Swift has changed berths in Liverpool this morning the first time she has moved since June.

ferryfan

Swift en route to Dublin after having made a call to Holyhead.

Fast Ferry Fan

Surprisingly, Swift sailings are still up, so assume at this stage she will be sailing.

What's unusual about her timetable is the daily alternating 7.30am / 8.20am starts.

Pre-covid, I recall that IF were intending to implement an early / late start depending on the day of the week, but this is not what is showing on the booking platform.

Did they change their mind or is it an unintended error?

ferryfan

Hard to believe but after an absence of almost two years Swift's return tomorrow Thursday the 5th August is now "In Doubt" due to weather!