Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giftgrub

A familiar ferry on the cover of the latest issue of Ships Monthly as the Stena Europe marks 40 years in service this year, available in all good newsagents and on Readly and from pocket mags.

ferryfan

Just came across video of the life extension work carried out on Stena Europe in 2019 a good watch.
https://youtu.be/b-u7KKQoq88

Futureskipper

Just seen a post on Stena Lines LinkedIn in which it stated that the Stena Europe has been taken out of service and sent to Harland and Wolff Shipyard for repair. In the post it says "Following a routine inspection of the ferry Stena Europe, Stena Line have taken the decision to send the ship for repair at Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. As a result, all sailings between Fishgiard - Rosslare are cancelled between now and 21 May. Repair work is being undertaken now ahead of the travel restrictions easing in the Republic Of Ireland. Further updates will follow"

Niall

Stena Europe is still in Fishguard

marsav68

Quote from: Niall on May 17, 2021, 09:16:35 PM
Stena Europe is still in Fishguard

Just entering Belfast Lough now @ 18/05 08:20

ferryfan

Stena Estrid and Stena Horizon are set to resume their normal routes from next week as they are expecting travel restrictions to be removed soon and also I would guess they are expecting a big response to their "duty free booze cruises"which they are currently offering to UK passengers from as little as ?10 day return.

Kieran

Estrid trying to dock in the storm this afternoon
https://twitter.com/stenaline/status/1395482913823670276

ColinB

I wondered where Estrid was going when she steamed north from Rosslare earlier today.  She is now close to Rosslare again this evening.

Europe is still in Belfast.  I guess she will come back south tomorrow to be ready for crossings after the 21st.

ccs

ColinB

Looks like Estrid is safely in Rosslare this morning.

Elvisfan4life

Does anyone know if the new ferries on the Birkenhead route are drive on drive off or is it the same long delay and reversing etc to get off the car deck as the old boats??? I have tried searching for more info but can?t find a thing

Niall

They are drive on drive off. Edda and Embla berth stern in at Birkenhead and bow in at Belflast.

scomac

Quote from: ColinB on May 20, 2021, 11:12:38 PM
I wondered where Estrid was going when she steamed north from Rosslare earlier today.  She is now close to Rosslare again this evening.

Europe is still in Belfast.  I guess she will come back south tomorrow to be ready for crossings after the 21st.

Stena Line posted an update stating that repairs would not now be complete until Wednesday 26th May 

ColinB

Thanks for that.  It explains why Europe is still in Belfast this morning. 

giftgrub

Former Stena Lagan now Stena Scandica has been out on sea trials over the weekend.

Hopefully not long now until it enters service.