Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A83

Quote from: The insider on June 25, 2020, 04:49:42 PM
Adventurer off to drydock Belfast early july for 3 weeks ..major stabilizer issues ..Nordica to cover

Does Nordica have sufficient capacity?

Davy Jones

Adventurer has 3400 lane metres, Nordica has 1950, but Estrid has 3100. They will probably put Estrid onto Adventurer's crossings, as they tend to be the busy ones.

IFPete

They will probably swap Stena Estrids roster with Stena Adventurer and put Stena Nordica on Stena Estrids Roster starting on Sunday Morning from Holyhead. Looks like the passenger loads will not pick up for a while.

ferryfan

Estrid running about 2 hours late ex Holyhead and Adventurer running late ex Dublin no idea what caused either delay.

St Columba

Last night Estrid left Holyhead around the normal time. At about 22-25 she turned back to Holyhead and didn,t depart until after 01-00 this morning delaying Adventurer's arrival. Thus a knock on effect for the rest of the day. Interested as to what happened, possible medical emergency?

giftgrub

Stena Europe has left H&W tonight and is on its way back to Fishguard to release Stena Nordica.

Great video of the Europe entering dry dock here

https://www.niferry.co.uk/video-stena-europe-in-belfast-building-dock/

According to live timetable, Europe will return to service with the 13.10 sailing to Rosslare on Saturday.

Nordica will then cover on Dublin-Holyhead to allow Adventurer to head for H&W drydock. (Nordica will replace Estrid which will take over Adventurer sailings)

Several other Stena Line vessels will be dry docked this Summer Season on the Irish Sea as they take advantage of having the Nordica available to cover.

Some more details here:

https://www.niferry.co.uk/pr-stena-line-supports-local-industry-with-multi-ship-docking-programme/

Also Stena Danica has returned to service having been laid up due to the downturn in passenger traffic caused by COVID related issues, Stena Vinga the third vessel on the Gothenburg Frederickshavn route is expected to be laid up.

Davy Jones

Thanks Giftgrub. I enjoyed the timelapse video.

I'm curious to know why they used the building dock instead of the more regular graving dock at the end for her maintenence, which appeared to be empty for the duration. Will the others do the same?

giftgrub

Quote from: Davy Jones on July 03, 2020, 01:44:52 AM
Thanks Giftgrub. I enjoyed the timelapse video.

I'm curious to know why they used the building dock instead of the more regular graving dock at the end for her maintenence, which appeared to be empty for the duration. Will the others do the same?

Your welcome, with regards to use of Building Dock for drydocking, I think there were issues with normal drydock gate during one of the P&O ferries drydock attempts a few months ago, meaning it was out of action.

Since then H&W have announced they are refurbishing/ upgrading the drydock and I did have a link to a report that it was being made suitable to take the new aircraft carriers of the Royal Navy, but cannot find it now.

jgf

Europe is back in action at Fishguard sailed to Rosslare this afternoon, Per Marinetraffic Nordica departed Fishguard but has overshot Holyhead and is on its way to Liverpool it seems.

Europe is cancelled due to essential maintenance on Monday per Stena sailing update -some sort of inspection I assume.

Davy Jones

Nordica has probably been to Birkenhead to do berthing trials. I guess she's going to deputise for Stena Mersey in the near future.

On her way back to Holyhead now.

ColinB

No sailing this Monday morning for Europe from Rosslare after recent return to the route.  An inspection is being carried out according to the Stena website. 

ferryfan

Stena Adventurer ais as her now heading for "Dunkirk" and not Belfast as previously thought??

Davy Jones

Seems a long way to go for a wash 'n' brush up!

Unless (pure speculation) she may be may be relieving one of the behemoths on the Harwich - Hook run afterwards?

jgf

Quote from: Davy Jones on July 06, 2020, 02:42:42 PM
Seems a long way to go for a wash 'n' brush up!

Unless (pure speculation) she may be may be relieving one of the behemoths on the Harwich - Hook run afterwards?

There is a post on the previous page saying Adventurer was going to Belfast with major stabiliser issues.

Take from that what you will

smallboatowner

Heading to Damen Ship Repair?