Seatruck Ferries Fleet Movements

Started by Collision-course, February 08, 2011, 04:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

In case anyone missed it, Arrow has gone to the IOMSPCo on long term charter with an option to purchase:
http://www.steam-packet.com/AboutUs/News/2013/Sep/SPC%20SECURES%20FREIGHTER%20ON%20LONG-TERM%20CHARTER/
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

mrwt.nsf

Interesting development, but I'm not surprised.
The Arrow currently is still on the Heysham-Dublin route, but I think I'm right in saying that when Steam Packet require a back up ship, she will be called up.
This will either cause Seatruck to replace her with another ship like the Clipper Pennant or stop the service temporarily, like they did a month or so ago.

giftgrub

The Seatruck Pace is expected to return to the Warrenpoint service in the near future to release the Anglia Seaways to Dublin - Heysham which will then allow the Arrow to begin the charter with Isle of Man Steam packet.

mrwt.nsf

Thanks giftgrub, any idea when this will be and are Seatruck just going to keep the Anglia Seaways permanently?

mrwt.nsf

Seatruck Pace has finished her charter with Blue Water Shipping and in now in Heysham, preparing to sail for Warrenpoint. The Anglia Seaways looks like she's returning to the DFDS fold, as she seems to be on her way to Rotterdam, perhaps on the Felixstowe run.

I don't know when the Clipper Pennant, Clipper Ranger or Clipper Point finish their charters, but it's possible any of them could take over the Heysham-Dublin route from the Arrow, thereby allowing her to transfer to the Steam Packet.
Anyone else got any news and views?

scomac

Seatruck Panorama has been chartered to Stena Line to provide extra freight capacity on the Belfast-Birkenhead route. She has also helped out on the Heysham route since passing to work for Stena on 2nd September, proving the benefits of a flexible vessel that can serve both Birkenhead and Heysham.

scomac

Seatruck Pennant has been sold and renamed Ur under the Jordanian flag for what would seem to be service in the Middle East.

scomac

Seatruck Panorama has concluded her charter to Stena Line and resumed service with Seatruck today.