Irish Ferries 2022 Timetable

Started by Cupcoffee, September 27, 2021, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cupcoffee

Why are Irish Ferries always tardy with their French timetables? Brittany Ferries and Stena have their 2022 timetables out but not Irish Ferries. Does anyone know why they hold back publication. They only have 2 sailings, first week January but all the cabins are marked " Fully Booked". I think that they are not but I.F. have blocked them off.
Does anyone know the logic for this?

ccs

No idea why they're so late in releasing schedules but its been like that for many years. As for the January sailings being "fully booked" there's absolutely no chance of that  ;D

Cupcoffee

Thanks, ccs, for that prompt reply. I would imagine (hope) that Irish Ferries would monitor a site called Irish Ferries Enthusiasts and reply themselves to a posting that related to them.

IFPete

January is Drydock period.

Most probable Epsilon Service Dublin - Cherbourg Tues, Thurs, Sat , Cherbourg - Dublin Wed, Fri Sun until Paddys week when WB Yeats takes over.

Cupcoffee

Thanks IF Pete. I'm traveling south so I cant book a hotel until I know the time the ship docks. Epsilon docks @ 14.30 so Le Mans, W.B. docks @ 12 so Tours. I phoned them but its " next couple of weeks".

Shipmate

In the past a phone call to a nice agent has resulted in the emailing me the timetable. Or try a phone call to the Irish Ferries Cherbourg port office.

If anyone does already have it, or feels like going to the bother of finding out, can they please post here? ;D

marsav68

I contacted them this morning and asked for any update and of they could even share a hard copy. The response I got was:

"Good Afternoon Martin, We are hopefully due to have our 2022 schedule open in the coming weeks. I believe there will be a provisional schedule released before we can take bookings. I would recommend that you keep an eye out on the website for future updates."

Cupcoffee

Just looking at the other options Brittany Ferries arrive Cherbourg 12.15. A good time to get to Tours or even
Stena arrive 16.00, which is too late to drive further into France.
Strangely Irish Ferries have ALL the cabins marked Fully Booked from 9th November on all sailings.
How does the Connemara compare with the Epsilion?

12345teacher

ive traveled on both...to spain and france....practically the same layout for selfservice restaurant.... bar area slightly different seating arangements....and shop / reception area are in a different location near the stern.. hear is a link to video of connemara i took on way to spain.....https://youtu.be/6iUiN22oHlY    i prefere connemara as the layout makes it feel bigger inside the ferry....       

Cupcoffee

Thanks 12345Teacher,
When I started the video I thought you made a mistake and it was the Epsilion !  :)
The Connemara, while still pretty basic, seems a bit more appealing.
I will probably go Brittany Ferries. I will be driving over the bridge at Millau just for the craic.
https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/5sqoao/the_tallest_bridge_in_europe_millau_viaduct/
Since I heard of the bridge at "miaow" I wanted to drive over it.

12345teacher

yes connemara is pretty basic but feels like the layout is more spacious.. epsilion you are crammed in to the red seating area..i was on kerry last year before her charter expired with brittany ferries...and it was much better ..nice bar at the stern ...much better interiour layout...thats some bridge...have a great trip...

Cupcoffee

Thanks once again 12345Teacher. I saw your video again on YouTube.

Shipmate

Timetable for France 2022 due out this week.

marsav68

France 2022 timetable now showing on the booking engine.

A83

Looks like there is a direct service to France all through the winter with WBY off the run during January.