Isle of Inishmore to launch Dover - Calais route

Started by Kieran, March 26, 2021, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

IOI left dry dock this morning and is currently heading north from Brest showing a destination of Falls Head Anchorage which is (i think) at the mouth of the River Thames north of Margate.

Jamie1608

Is there any pictures of the isle of Inishmore with its cow catchers on?

ferryfan

Quote from: Jamie1608 on May 12, 2021, 02:30:17 PM
I don't think they have been fitted perhaps she is on her way somewhere else for more work, service not due to start until mid June, she has taken on bunkers at sea this morning.

IFPete

Isle of Inishmore heading to Odense.

Perhaps for Scrubber installation.

Kieran

Quote from: Jamie1608 on May 12, 2021, 02:30:17 PM
Fayard shipyard in Denmark just posted this, no cowcatchers yet
https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7Wbk_LVCC/?igshid=bxhp4p9j88l0

ferryfan

Britain=France options now the new IF booking engine (no dates available yet).

A83

I wonder will IF offer a land bridge product where one can book straight through from Ireland to Calais with IF? I suppose crucially will it be cheaper than the current landbridge offers?

Somehow I reckon IF will have it's work cut out to make this new venture work, they are entering a crowded market, what do they have that is distinctive?

Kieran

Quote from: A83 on May 20, 2021, 02:10:00 PM
I wonder will IF offer a land bridge product where one can book straight through from Ireland to Calais with IF? I suppose crucially will it be cheaper than the current landbridge offers?

That's the idea behind it, how it will work remains to be seen.

ferryfan

P&O and DFDS have entered into "a mutual space partnership" which will allow freight drivers arriving at the ports of Dover and Calais to board the next available ferry regardless of which operator they have booked with. A spokesperson for DFDS said Irish Ferries will not be invited to join the partnership.

IFPete

Pictures of Isle of Inishmore's Modifications in Odense have appeared.

marsav68

Quote from: IFPete on May 26, 2021, 07:09:46 PM
Pictures of Isle of Inishmore's Modifications in Odense have appeared.

Any links to them available? Thanks

giftgrub

Images of the new look Inishmore posted on the Facebook by Poul Erik Olsen.

Rear ramp removed and new stern door arrangement fitted and hideous ?cow catcher? fitted to the bow. Does not appear to be getting scrubbers fitted, so one assumes it will run on low sulphur fuel instead.

ferryfan

Not sure who actually took these photos I have seen them in a few places but thanks to them

A83

IOI commences Dover-Calais service on June 29th doing 5 round trips a day. Average cost for car plus 1 is 100 pounds or so for a one way trip. That sounds a but pricey to me but perhaps it's par for the course?

giftgrub

Inishmore has left the shipyard in Denmark, currently showing Gothenburg as destination (presumably for fuel), though could possibly cross paths with the Stena Jutlandica (a half sister from the same shipyard). Photo opportunities a plenty if that happens.

Next stop one assumes are Dover & Calais for ramp trials and tests, then probably Dunkerque shipyard if any tweaks are needed.

Interesting images posted on two websites

https://www.doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/mv-isle-of-inishmore-past-and-present/

https://www.niferry.co.uk/photo-feature-isle-of-inishmore-in-denmark/