Irish Ferries 2021 schedule delay?

Started by Shipmate, November 05, 2020, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shipmate

Anyone any idea why the long delay with the 2021 timetable?

Chef

Shipmate

Covid and Brexit huge, but the other companies all have timetables and bookings open.

IFPete

They may delay releasing anything until Brexit is known.

Isle of Inishmore needs to go for Scrubber Installations so a replacement ship will be leased in for Drydock period.

Cupcoffee

IF schedules Dublin Cherbourg out now. But no cabins and only 9 reclining seats available to book on each sailing!!!
What is going on?

Shipmate

I made a few bookings, all cabin options were there for me. Maybe website struggling with user numbers?

IFPete

Irish Ferries Timetable for January is 7 round trips per Forthnight on Dublin - Cherbourg.

The timetable states that the service is a freight service with Cabins available upon boarding.

At the moment Epsilon is doing the sailings. Given the fact that Drydocking is happening i am wondering if Stena Baltica or Stena Energia are being leased in to take over the route until IOI comes back from Scrubber Installation in April 2021.

Chef

Stena Baltica is returning to France at the moment and  back wearing Brittany Ferries livery she will revert back to her previous name of Cotentin .

ferryfan

Not sure why (covid perhaps) but bookings are open for France until end January on Epsilon (no cabins available) and from 25 May 2021 to 2 October 2021. Current Brexit negotiations could be causing a delay in finalising the service  for March to May or the dates for dry-docking may not yet be sorted. A couple of years ago neither IF nor Stena provided a relief vessel when their southern corridor vessels were dry docked instead they entered into an agreement to serve each others passengers.

IFPete

Most probably Irish Ferries will operate a freight only service on Dublin - Cherbourg from end January to 25 May 2021 while Drydocking takes place and IOI goes for Scrubber Installation.

I suspect Covid demand is also factored into this decision.

awaityourreply

[PR] Dear Summer. We missed you! ? Irish Ferries launches Summer '21 schedule to France with FREE Flexibility on all bookings

Press ReleaseNovember 19, 2020Last Updated: November 19, 2020 1 minute read

Source: https://www.niferry.co.uk/
https://www.niferry.co.uk/pr-dear-summer-we-missed-you-irish-ferries-launches-summer-21-schedule-to-france-with-free-flexibility-on-all-bookings/