Stena Europe 2018 Dry Docking

Started by giftgrub, February 05, 2018, 07:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RorieLen

It seems she has been delayed until Wednesday

giftgrub

Yes, departure now set for 12 mid day on Tuesday, Horizon will be in Falmouth at same time as due into Falmouth in the morning.

giftgrub

lynx1

the latest is europe now back thursday morning to take up the 13.10 sailing from fishguard

giftgrub

No idea what is causing the delay, however the Horizon is now visible on the webcam available on the link posted on the first page, first post.

It does appear the drydock is flooded, and Horizon is waiting to enter, further delay could have an affect on Horizon and Adventurer refit Times.

Now scheduled to leave drydock at 8.30 and then stay in Falmouth.

giftgrub

Another photo taken earlier today

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33847785@N00/39483324265/

The two Rosslare based Stena Ferries in Falmouth

giftgrub

RorieLen

I hear she is delayed again with Thursday's sailings now cancelled and traffic transferred to Irish Ferries.

lynx1

now taking up the 0800 from rosslare on friday

The insider

And the arrow  takes the fight to Irish  ferries

RorieLen

Quote from: The insider on February 21, 2018, 11:45:40 PM
And the arrow  takes the fight to Irish  ferries

My understanding is that they chartered the Arrow to cover the Stena Horizon but she didn't obtain a livestock certificate. They still have her on charter so I guess they may be planning to use her to assist the Horizon when she's at Holyhead. If I recall correctly, last time Horizon was at Holyhead she struggled with the schedule given the number of drop trailers and short turnaround times.

giftgrub

Europe has left Falmouth! On the way to Fishguard according to ais. ETA 07.30

giftgrub