Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Author Topic: Hugge lounge in ferry and cruise mag  (Read 1010 times)

NathanBrady

• View Profile
Hugge lounge in ferry and cruise mag
« on: July 28, 2018, 02:23:26 AM »
Is der one of them hugge pay seat lounges on superfast 10?  In the ferry mag it says itís in the cinema in the ones up north but I thought it was in that bit behind the canteen.  Says itís in a cinema so maybe it means 10 as one of dem got made into seats I think?

RorieLen

• View Profile
Re: Hugge lounge in ferry and cruise mag
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 08:18:34 AM »
I saw that piece in Ferry & Cruise review too... it says the Hygge lounge is in the former under-used cinema on Superfast 7 & 8. Itís not... itís in the room aft of the Taste Restaurant. I really wish these writers would do their research properly.

As far as I know there isnít one on Superfast 10. One of the cinemas on there was, I think, turned into a recliner lounge for truck and coach drivers as there are not enough cabin berths.

Steven

• View Profile
    • NI Ferry Site
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:09:28 AM »
I stopped reading F&CR some time ago if Iím honest, so havenít seen the article.

I can confirm the HYGGE lounge is located on deck 7 aft of the restaurant though.  The article is correct if it says it was in a little used area, but it definitely wasnít a cinema (the cinema is on deck 8 ). From memory the same area on deck 7 is a quiet lounge on X.  There are no Hygge lounges on any of the rest of the Irish Sea fleet (yet?).  Thereís a gallery on NIFS if anyone wants a look https://www.niferry.co.uk/stena-line-introduce-hygge-recline-lounge-belfast-cairnryan/

As Rory says, SSF X has had one of her cinemas converted to a lounge for commercial drivers in response to feedback.  Perhaps it could become a Hygge lounge in future, but that would leave the problem of where to put freight and coach drivers.  Perhaps the quiet lounge could become Hygge if they decide to roll it out, who knows?

Out of interest, who wrote the article?  I know thereís been a few changes in the team doing the mag recently.

Edit: corrected the autocorrect on my phone!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:24:35 PM by Steven »
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 09:47:45 PM »
one of the two small Cinemas at the back of the canteen is used now a a quiet are for passengers looking to sleep.

The other area is frequented by young energetic kids who use the furnature as a play ground.

Steven

• View Profile
    • NI Ferry Site
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 08:20:57 AM »
one of the two small Cinemas at the back of the canteen is used now a a quiet are for passengers looking to sleep.

The other area is frequented by young energetic kids who use the furnature as a play ground.
Canteen?  What vessel are we talking about here?  The cinemas on all the Stena Superfasts are on deck 8 (though in a different spot in the case of X), the restaurants are on deck 7?!

ferryfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 11:48:54 AM »

Canteen?  What vessel are we talking about here?  The cinemas on all the Stena Superfasts are on deck 8 (though in a different spot in the case of X), the restaurants are on deck 7?!
Might be SFX as cinemas are behind the bar area.

IFPete

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 01:53:33 PM »
On Superfast X the Cinemas at back of accomodation block on deck 8 at rear entrances to outer deck area.

Steven

• View Profile
    • NI Ferry Site
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
On Superfast X the Cinemas at back of accomodation block on deck 8 at rear entrances to outer deck area.
Iím well aware of their location, I was trying to work out what vessel had Cinemas behind the ďcanteenĒ!!!

Matt D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 09:39:45 PM »
I'm the FCR writer and I'm sorry for the error in incorrectly describing the location. I will issue a correction in the next edition. I've been writing the Irish Sea section along with other occasional articles for many years now.

A lot of research and time actually goes into writing FCR (in my case whilst juggling a young family, busy job and long commute) and sometimes errors can be made, particularly when information is hard to come by.

I imagine that writing was even harder for those who wrote for shipping magazines before we had the Internet and excellent forums such as this!

Best wishes

Matt

giftgrub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 10:37:44 PM »
I'm the FCR writer and I'm sorry for the error in incorrectly describing the location. I will issue a correction in the next edition. I've been writing the Irish Sea section along with other occasional articles for many years now.

A lot of research and time actually goes into writing FCR (in my case whilst juggling a young family, busy job and long commute) and sometimes errors can be made, particularly when information is hard to come by.

I imagine that writing was even harder for those who wrote for shipping magazines before we had the Internet and excellent forums such as this!

Best wishes

Matt

Hi Matt, no need to worry, great articles in the magazine always appreciated, a few small unintended errors are not a problem, always enjoy reading the latest issues. Keep up the good work.

(have been reading since issue I think issue 2 with Felicity on the cover and bought on board the same vessel, many trips to the late Marty Barrett's shop in the Rosslare terminal to pick up the latest issue and  in many later years postal subscription.Great resource to look back through over the years)