Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:New Forums - if you experience any problems, please e-mail [email protected]

Epsilon Ireland-France route change

(Read 829 times)

Irishexplorer

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Epsilon will operate out of Rosslare to France on Saturday 29th  December instead of Dublin? 

Just by chance, I noticed on the Irish Ferries site yesterday, that there were no sailings listed for after Christmas.  I was booked to travel and my booking was still live, so I contacted Irish Ferries who say the sailing was just cancelled due to "operational reasons" and they have given me a couple of options including going from Rosslare, without any offer to cover my incurred petrol or any gesture of meals or a cabin upgrade etc. 

ferryfan

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Epsilon will operate out of Rosslare to France on Saturday 29th  December instead of Dublin? 

Just by chance, I noticed on the Irish Ferries site yesterday, that there were no sailings listed for after Christmas.  I was booked to travel and my booking was still live, so I contacted Irish Ferries who say the sailing was just cancelled due to "operational reasons" and they have given me a couple of options including going from Rosslare, without any offer to cover my incurred petrol or any gesture of meals or a cabin upgrade etc.
I checked that sailing on the freight engine and it's due to depart from Dublin at 16.30 on the 29th December arr 12.30 on the 30th.

Irishexplorer

It was to, but "just been changed to Rosslare" on the 29th and possibly for other dates too.

IFPete

Epsilon normally delivers new cars to Rosslare from France at this time of year,

Irishexplorer

Epsilon normally delivers new cars to Rosslare from France at this time of year,

Interesting.  The Epsilon was showing until recently, that it would operate the sailing I booked from Dublin on the 29th.  Now operating from Rosslare on the 29th, this is the only Ireland to France sailing showing on the Irish Ferries site after the 17th, despite there being one from Dublin on the 27th.  Ironically, the Oscar Wilde, the Rosslare based ship, is operating out of Dublin in December.  I have still be be formally notified by Irish Ferries, or have my complaint to their support team even acknowledged.

IFPete

Things are a bit confused there at the moment. When WB Yeats get finally handed over there should be a plan in place,