Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

She's heading for Odense I believe

giftgrub

WB Yeats taking shelter this evening near Falmouth.

Ferriesbetterfastercheape

So until now all around Atlantic Vision is speculation only - but Irish Ferries needs URGENT any new used ferry now.
So an interior-renovation, new-painting etc. now in Odense sounds logical - and she would be ready in time just before summer high-season.
Then this ferry could take over the former Epsilon timetable and Oscar Wilde would be "the King of the South-Channel".

How full or empty are the ferries on the Holyhead-route ?
There was a lot infos about "less and less freight generally" between Ireland and UK in the past years.
So now with upgrade of Stenas Liverpool-Dublin-freight-route and with my booking-engine checks (never seen a full-booked RoPax-ferry to/from Holyhead - but in North- and South-Channel last year many departures from Stena was full-booked far before the departure-date) a smaller ferry in Holyhead would be big enough ?

Or in other words: Is the very big Ulysses really still needed there ?
What would be if Oscar Wilde would take the Ulysses-timetable, Atl.Vis. the Epsilon-timetable plus Swift and then Ulysses to Dover (together with Spirit of Ireland and Inishmore) and the Innisfree operate Pembroke. Then 2 ferries needs changes at the bow - but Irish Ferries would offer comfortable big ferries on their routes then - and would be (not far away) from to be "the King of Dover-street" also. With only 3 ships similar (or bigger) freight and bigger Pax capacity than P&O and DFDS. 

Still no news ? I hate waiting... . On 15th april the ATLANTIC VISION will arrive in Skagen - but maybe she will never have anything to do with Irish Ferries ? I am wondering that no ferry-company makes any announcement about charter or buy of this ferry. And who will pay the bill now for the long yard-stay in Denmark ?

The timetables from DUBLIN SWIFT and ECONOMY FERRY (i guess it is the Norbay ?) ends 30.sept. .
only Ulysses, Oscar Wilde and the 3 Dover-ferries can be booked also in oct., nov., dec. .

So sadly no news here and no news from the 2011 built and speculated "SPIRIT OF IRELAND" (ex Britain...)... .

boathansm

Quote from: Ferriesbetterfastercheape on April 12, 2024, 05:32:26 PMStill no news ? I hate waiting... . On 15th april the ATLANTIC VISION will arrive in Skagen - but maybe she will never have anything to do with Irish Ferries ? I am wondering that no ferry-company makes any announcement about charter or buy of this ferry. And who will pay the bill now for the long yard-stay in Denmark ?

She is north of Scotland now. Still has a speed of 14-15 knots.

Some say she should be handed over to Tallink in Odense, but as you say, someone has to pay the bill.
Are shipyards cheaper in Danmark than Estonia, if the ship going back to Estonia?

Tallink has normally no use - no route - for this ferry.
They have already since long time now all the high "parking-fees" for the big Romantika.
This ship will be older and older (= less worth) - but all the costs for crew, maintenance, port-fees, tax, register- and flag-costs are rising and rising.
So there is no reason for to send now the Atlantic Vision to Estonia also for to build up a ferry-parking-place as it f.ex. Seajets has in Greece.

The yard in Odense will not be cheap - but she is known for well work in point of (interior-)renovation, upfreshing, new-painting etc. as f.ex. in the last few years for 2, 3 other ships from Irish Ferries. So i can only see that this ferry will be renovated there now for any new ferry-operator (f.ex. Irish Ferries, Balearia, Corsica, Grimaldi, Stena-RoRo, TT Line (they offer suddenly more and faster departures than last year summer and could very well need a ferry more, the Nils Holgersson and Marco Polo are both since a couple of month damaged and not in use after incidents) and there shall be also 2 different groups of investors trying to start any new ferry-route from Kristiansand now incl. port-CEO-scandal (he want protect Fjordline and Color Line, port shall be suddenly 24/7 100% full already...)).

The officially owner of Atlantic Vision is also not really Tallink - but a letterbox-company "nearby" Tallink. So maybe then there is no news in any stock-exchange needed. 

My speculation: In Odense the actually Stena-crew "hand over" the ferry to "letterbox-"Tallink - and then the new owner / charterer will start with interior-renovation. Right in time for to have the ferry ready for use in june at the start of the summer main-tourist-season.

Cladyman

Just after pricing crossings this summer for a family trip this summer. 

Could post in either Irish ferries or Stena.

Has it always been that you get seriously charged for each passenger.  We put 2 adults and 4 kuds coming out at @€650+ crazy could be in France for not much more.

MatthewCartmill

Atlantic Vision has arrived at fayard shipyard and she's in dry dock wonder who her owners are going to be.

Quote from: MatthewCartmill on April 17, 2024, 10:16:25 PMAtlantic Vision has arrived at fayard shipyard and she's in dry dock wonder who her owners are going to be.

I guess that TT-Line is out of the speculated "Atlantic Vision race". The in january engine-damaged Nils Holgersson is repaired again back in timetable from 14.may and the 2nd damaged ferry Marco Polo (ground-touching with loss of oil in last oct.) is replaced this summer with the Tom Saywer which was last summer chartered out. So they can operate all routes without any other new used ferry.

Still no change of situation:
Who would need any big ferry most urgent actually ? Irish Ferries.
And they know already the selling company personally from the deal with Oscar Wilde.

But sure - also a sale or charter to any ferry-company in South-Europe is thinkable.
Maybe we must wait until someone reports anything about new-painted logo or brand on the ship... .

giftgrub

Dublin Swift due into Falmouth on the 20th.