NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

Looks Like W.B. Yeats is on Dublin - Cherbourg Daily until 18 September 2018

Thats a mist opportunity for Dublin - Holyhead until the Autumn,

Wouldnt be great if the IOI was to come to Dublin and a charter vessel to handle Rosslare - Pembroke for three months.

Chef

The schedule  for Dublin to Cherburg is blank from July onwards ,so is the above schedule speculation .

ferryfan

The sailings including prices (cabins very expensive) are loaded into the search engine.
I would speculate that Swift migt be laid up come September 2018 when the WB starts Dub-HH schedule.

IFPete

It looks like Oscar Wilde is being laid up from end of September if you go by Booking Engine.

PaddyL

Quote from: IFPete on October 30, 2017, 10:36:18 AM
It looks like Oscar Wilde is being laid up from end of September if you go by Booking Engine.

Can we assume anything until the full schedule emerges and that for 2019?   Or we get a full statement from ICG?

giftgrub

Quote from: IFPete on October 30, 2017, 10:36:18 AM

How far in advance can you book the big U or Inishmore ?according to booking engine sailings to U.K. finish next July, or maybe they have not released those sailings yet ? (Which would be normal practice

IFPete

Only Epsilon bookings are available to France from October 2018.

UK Bookings available to end of June 2018. 

PaddyL

ICG previously said that the full-schedule of the new ship would be announced tomorrow (31 October) so I would expect at least some more clarity then.

CH1

Do we expect another ship (i guess chartered) to replace the ageing Oscar Wilde ?

bissiere

PaddyL

Quote from: CH1 on October 30, 2017, 09:03:55 PM
Do we expect another ship (i guess chartered) to replace the ageing Oscar Wilde ?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a second newbuild and net result is Swift, Epsilon and Oscar leave fleet.

Niall

There are plans for a second newbuild from FSG after Brittany Ferries Honfleur is built.

CH1

Possibly WB Yeats sister ship ? Or a more tailored-design vessel ?

PaddyL

Quote from: Niall on October 30, 2017, 10:32:56 PM
There are plans for a second newbuild from FSG after Brittany Ferries Honfleur is built.

When was this announced?

Niall

I saw it on the Irish Ferries website a few weeks back