NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Strange the Irish navy already have a ship with that name? but I suppose as the IF ship won't be registered under an Irish flag!
The prize of free travel for life is a miserable one trip a year for a maximum of 30 years so they weren't exactly pushing the boat out on the prize!

ccs

I've always thought that "Countess Markievicz" would be a great name for a ferry. Nothing to do with politics (hers or mine  ;D) just think it would suit a ship!

SEA

Hello,
Looking at the Flensburger Web cam  to me it appears the ship being constructed is not the new Irish ferries ship (colour of the Hull size etc;) . it also states on the dedicated website that the ship is not due to be launched until January . Can anyone shed some light on this ??

Niall

It is the new IF ship. The keel was laid a few weeks back on the slipway.

SEA

Thank you Niall,
I don't doubt you and to go by the web cam is not a great idea, Pure speculation but the hull APPEARS to be  red and blue whereas Irish ferries Hulls are Green and white

Chef

Well most hulls are red at and below the waterline  , now as far as the blue that can be seen , maybe they are going with a colour scheme like the Oscar Wilde . The dimensions would indicate that it is indeed the new IF vessel and not one of the Ro Ro that were build recently .

Chef

Having just looked at the web cam it could be that the building hall lighting  is making the green painted band on the hull look as if it blue .

bissiere

EXACTLY THE COLOR IS GREEN

SEA

Yep its Green,
thanks to everyone for their input

ferryfan

new ship scheduled to make 3 return crossings from Dublin to Cherbourg from next July! No new Dub -Hhead info yet

ferryfan

Epsilon is staying and will be making the 3 return Dub-Cherb crossings in low season.

bissiere

my friend work port of cherbourg have say  two  months ago

bissiere

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I'M FRENCH  (cherbourg)

bissiere

irish ferries  to buy epsilon or purchased another?

bissiere

sorry i would say charted again for epsilon?or buy?