NEW IF Ship

Started by Meet the dockers, February 02, 2017, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaddyL

I wonder if they will take up the option on a second.

Steven

Quote from: PaddyL on April 22, 2017, 10:09:41 PM
I wonder if they will take up the option on a second.
Could do a lot worse if the finances are in place!  I'm sure there would be demand for such a vessel on the charter market for instance.

Speaking of finance, it has been reported that ICG are bidding for a €75m loan from the European Investment Bank to cover half the costs of the new build.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Davy Jones

The bow has gone on build 773 this morning.

I keep looking regularly but always manage to miss them hoisting the big bits into place.

Chef

Quote from: Davy Jones on May 03, 2017, 11:25:05 AM
The bow has gone on build 773 this morning.

I keep looking regularly but always manage to miss them hoisting the big bits into place.
Me to .

Chef

Plus one of those gantry crane operators  is very casual , always putting his feet up .

Davy Jones

Aye, I've noticed that. Must be a great job! Wonder if he's got a telly in there?  ;D

Davy Jones

Anybody know when Yard No 773 is due to be launched? Back in reply #18 it says May. Not long to go then?

Chef

I may be wrong , but what looks like the seating platform for a launch ceremony appears to be being assembled .

Davy Jones

I noticed that earlier, and thought the same. Surely, she will have to have her painting completed first though?

Chef

Quote from: Davy Jones on May 24, 2017, 06:38:15 PM
I noticed that earlier, and thought the same. Surely, she will have to have her painting completed first though?
Well the area below the waterline would be . I have seen some being launched with the remainder of the hull done after launch . Not too sure if that temporary opening in the hull just aft of the thrusters has been sealed up yet , you can still see the scaffold /stairs still in position .

Davy Jones

Ive just watched a few of their launches on Youtube. They seem to be quite big occasions. All were fully painted, and named up, although one (Yard 757 Oceanix) went down with half the scaffolding still attached.

Here's 768 getting her first bath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OANHE95XLY8

Niall

Looks like the name for 773 is Fuschia Seaways!

PaddyL

Quote from: Niall on June 07, 2017, 11:49:54 AM
Looks like the name for 773 is Fuschia Seaways!

I am not sure of the exact name and we will see on Friday but looks like it begins with a T rather than an F.

Niall

Davy Jones

So, is this the first part of 771 we now see on the slipway?