Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Author Topic: Irish Ferries Fleet movements  (Read 290845 times)

marthyrarth

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Irish Ferries Fleet movements
« Reply #1065 on: November 26, 2017, 01:10:26 PM »
Appalling that Oscar Wilde will not carry foot passengers.

Foot pax facilities Holyhead are a disgrace.  You proceed through security and see a sign saying foot passengers and Annwyl arrow leading to stairs to what was the  HSS terminal - so onviously I follow the sign to be shouted at "that's not the way". 

Well why not take down the sign then??!!!!!

Then lead to a cold shed with white walls and dirty chairs.  Prison waiting rooms are nicer.  Quite simply not good enough.

A83

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1066 on: November 26, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
Yes, I have to agree. While the Irish Ferries terminal in Dublin port is quite ok, the arrangements in Holyhead are not up to par. Then again when I think of it Rosslare could be improved upon also. I sense that the coming of the budget airlines put a stop to any development of passenger facilities on the Irish sea, one of the consequences is that poor facilities do not help marketing the Sail Rail options, which when you consider the prices are generally pretty good.

20knots

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 26, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »
  You proceed through security and see a sign saying foot passengers and Annwyl arrow leading to stairs to what was the  HSS terminal - so onviously I follow the sign to be shouted at "that's not the way". 

Then lead to a cold shed with white walls and dirty chairs.  Prison waiting rooms are nicer.  Quite simply not good enough.

Unless something has changed since I last passed through Holyhead in the Summer the HSS lounge upstairs is still in use.

Irish Ferries passengers always use the white room downstairs whereas the norm for Stena Line passengers is to head upstairs to wait and to be called to return downstairs (far side of lounge) when the shuttle bus is ready for boarding.

Sometimes (e.g. early hours when both companies are sailing close together) I've been asked after passing security whether I'm for Irish Ferries or Stena Line and directed accordingly.

Irish Ferries do have a building close to the berth which has a comfortable lounge and which I remember using a few years ago as a foot passenger but it seems it is rarely used these days for foot passengers anyway.

ferryfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:35 AM »
  You proceed through security and see a sign saying foot passengers and Annwyl arrow leading to stairs to what was the  HSS terminal - so onviously I follow the sign to be shouted at "that's not the way". 

Unless something has changed since I last passed through Holyhead in the Summer the HSS lounge upstairs is still in use.

Irish Ferries passengers always use the white room downstairs whereas the norm for Stena Line passengers is to head upstairs to wait and to be called to return downstairs (far side of lounge) when the shuttle bus is ready for boarding.

Sometimes (e.g. early hours when both companies are sailing close together) I've been asked after passing security whether I'm for Irish Ferries or Stena Line and directed accordingly.

Irish Ferries do have a building close to the berth which has a comfortable lounge and which I remember using a few years ago as a foot passenger but it seems it is rarely used these days for foot passengers anyway.

Unfortunately the passenger gangway at the IF berth is no longer in use, it is falling apart there are sheets of metal missing from it and the stairway up to it has been removed.

marthyrarth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1069 on: November 27, 2017, 11:40:35 AM »
I've never seen the upstairs room used since the demise of the HSS, but I suppose it could when busy.

When I went for a daytrip last week the awful downstairs lounge was quite busy with a full bus of foot pax - lot on the 5.50 return I am guessing.

At least Stena do give this option, Irish Ferries offer nothing in terms of a day return.

ferryfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 27, 2017, 01:25:09 PM »
Swift gone technical sailings cancelled for the next few day. She was running on 3 engines last week so maybe that's the issue.

marthyrarth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1071 on: November 27, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »
Swift's problems are not very clearly indicated on their website

ferryfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 01, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »
Swift expected back in service on Tuesday.

ferryfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 05, 2017, 10:41:05 AM »
Swift's return has been delayed not due back in service until Saturday.