Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Author Topic: where do we think stenas new ships will end up  (Read 3904 times)

NathanBrady

• View Profile
Re: where do we think stenas new ships will end up
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »
I can't see the new ships being deployed on the Belfast - Cairnryan run. My hunch is two will go to Birkenhead and two will go to Holyhead.

Stena Adventurer could replace Stena Jutlandica, which could be transfered to operate in lieu of Stena Danica. Superfast X could replace Stena Nautica / Stena Europe.

This hunch was confirmed by Stena crew to me a while back
One is going to Brittany ferry though so dat canít be rite 

giftgrub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:20 PM »
Old thread resurrected, since last info posted rumours indicate

E-Flexer 1 to replace Superfast X
E-Flexer 2 to Belfast replace Mersey or Lagan
E-Flexer 3 to Brittany Ferries
E-Flexer 4 to Belfast replace Mersey or Lagan

Options on four more

To be confirmed and likely to be modified versions of first generation possibly E-Flexer +, greater vessel size with potential for either greater Pax/Freight capacity mix allowing replacement for either Danica/Jutlandica, Scandinavica/ Germanica or Spirit/ Vision

Steven

• View Profile
    • NI Ferry Site
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:51 PM »

Options on four more

To be confirmed and likely to be modified versions of first generation possibly E-Flexer +, greater vessel size with potential for either greater Pax/Freight capacity mix allowing replacement for either Danica/Jutlandica, Scandinavica/ Germanica or Spirit/ Vision
Sorry, but the bit on options sounds like pure speculation to me based on the age of certain vessels. 
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »

Options on four more

Sorry, but the bit on options sounds like pure speculation to me based on the age of certain vessels.

There were reported at time of orders options for four more vessels, usually based on experience with builds and market conditions options are likely to be taken if circumstances dictate it is beneficial, given the unique situation as the first major order from Stena with a Chinese shipyard it is obviously speculation if they are going to take up the options or not, however if they do it is likely that they would use the experience of the first four to fine tune the design and at some stage they will have to invest in areas other than the Irish Sea, given this info I would think a modified version of E-Flexer is likely, however they might not take up the options at all, making this irrelevant.